Monday, June 15, 2009

Is There Such Thing?

... as having too much fun with fiber? Today I dyed some Lincoln wool...
and some Merino I bought from a destash on Ravelry!
That is going to be so delightful to spin... After finishing that 3-ply I whipped out a Romney single from an old Spunky Club shipment. There's a contest on Knittyspin, so now I need to just figure out what to make with it.
Oh, and if you're a spinner, one of my favorite dyers Poppyflower Fibers is doing a giveaway on her blog!
Right now I'm testing out how the batts spin up after they've been in the dye pot. So far, they want to be spun woolen and make a nice lofty yarn.
Today was the second-to-last day of school, so I'm helping Nathan put together a little vase of flower pens to give his teacher... but soon I've got to switch gears, make some dinner, and hurry off to a neighborhood meeting...

2 comments:

Lyn Boice said...

in a word - Yes!
Mum:)

Unknown said...

Cheeky... Alright, Grandma - next time I'll post pics of the kids. ;)