Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November Rain

It has been pouring all day... There's talk about water over the roads and bridges closing, and I'm thankful to be home. Inside... dry... drinking hot tea and knitting. I'd like to be working on the 3rd bobbin of this...
...but there's more knitting to be done for the bazaar on Saturday. I can't believe it's already time for that. I had so many projects in mind that aren't done, but I'm not going to worry about it. I'm sure glad I got those baskets or my table would seem so empty! People actually asked me for dishcloths last year (dishcloths!!!) and I haven't even knit any of those. Mostly I've got scarves, a couple of pairs of gloves, a purse (one - I know, kinda pathetic... ) and several skeins of my own handspun. I did sit down to make some sets of stitch markers last night and have not thrown out the possibility of sewing up a few needle cases before the weekend. We'll see. 
Today I'm working on a basic ribbed scarf to practice knitting continental style... at first it felt like some form of self-torture (soooo sloowwww) but I'm sort of convinced that with practice this method would considerable speed up my knitting. Tomorrow is the day for Madrona signups (shhh, did I really say that out loud?) and I'm seriously thinking of taking Stephanie's "Knitting for Speed & Efficiency" class. I can't count how many times I've wished I could knit faster - when I've put a large project aside because I've lost interest after a few months, or when I've been astonished that someone else has spun up and finished a pair of socks in a week, or when I realize I've given away almost all of my hand knits as gifts or charity donations. I admit, it would be nice to actually make a dent in my yarn stash and maybe even give away some pattern books because I've completed those projects I was interested in. (I'm starting my New Year's Resolutions early...) Here's one of those projects I've had on my list for awhile...
It's a reversible cable which means it looks the same on the back as it does on the front. I got the skinny scarf pattern at Ben Franklin but the wider scarf pattern is here.

No comments: