
My only regret in making a 3-ply yarn was that the red/deep orange tones got sort of lost in the twist. The combo turned out to be more green than I was going for... The participants that Navajo-plied this fiber kept the colors separate and there are some incredibly beautiful striped socks out there right now. Here's what mine looked like on the bobbin...

And all skeined up...

I'm very pleased. It turned out to be 235 yds. Not sure what I'm going to do with this yet. I still have a bit left on 2 of the bobbins which I'll probably N-ply and make into another little basket.
Oh, and how cool is this... I found someone who will trade spinning lessons for harp lessons. We begin next week!


2 comments:
The yarn is beautiful!
And way to go with the bartering! I wish I could run up on a deal like that. I don't know what I'd teach though :D
Those colors are to die for. I love, love, love autumn, and your yarn just magnifies the season.
Post a Comment