They did not sell at the bazaar. (I sold lots of baskets and very few handknits - people either look and say "I could do that" or they look and mutter under their breath "Hmm, I could buy something like that at Target for $5." Yep Lady, I heard you.) I'm thinking bazaars are a complete waste of time even though people are always saying "Oh wow, that's gorgeous! You should totally sell your stuff!" Interesting observations by Pamela on this... These beautiful mitts may become a Christmas present... or they may end up on Etsy.The week before the bazaar I finished a few things including these adorable baby boy hats...

The blue one sold to a mom from MOPS, and I gave the orange one to another mom from MOPS. (I'm a bit behind on the baby hats. One more baby is born already and I know at least 6 other women who are pregnant. It's kind of a busy year!)
I also finished a scarf and earwarmer set...


... and applied some needle-felted poinsettias to my felted alpaca Lauralund cardigan.

These did not sell either. Sigh. Oh well, I had a good time sitting there with Tandy, knitting away and I didn't spend what I made that day on stuff from the other vendors (which is what usually happens at these sort of things.) The best part of having the bazaar over with is that I can start working on what I want to work on.
I'm currently designing a pair of mittens for Nathan to wear down at the bus stop. I was feeling a bit guilty standing there with him in my handknit hat, scarf, and fingerless mitts with my fleece-lined crocs and zipped up jacket. After all, he usually only wears his hoodie jacket since he lost one of his coats at school and the other one was left in his Granny's car last time we visited with her. Last week he turned to me and said in a quiet shivery voice, "Mom, I'm cold." With mounds of wool sitting in my guest room, that just won't do. These mitts are going to be special. I'm knitting them with my handspun. He'd better not lose them!
Still workin' on the Swallowtail shawl and the reversible cabled scarf. The camisole has taken a backseat for awhile.


1 comment:
Is that a kid size sweater, or a grown up? I will look for it on your etsy!
Your stuff is beautiful!
If you want to fool around with the beta versions of my new patterns, shoot me a gmail at pamelamama~
Happy Day!
Post a Comment