Yeah, that's a couple of inches of snow. I guess Spring is a tease this year. The only good thing I can think of about being cooped up inside is that it's helpful for getting laundry and spinning done. The kids built forts, trails, and tunnels this afternoon using all the chairs they could find and I spun the last of the "Indian Corn" Romney fleece that I bought awhile back at the Pines Farm. (No, I never did get to that BFL I bought... I'll have to save it for later.) I used to love spinning Romney... Yes, I was making lumpy bumpy yarn but I thought it was due to my lack of skill, not the fiber itself. Then I took that Camelids class and spun consecutive skeins of Corriedale, Merino, and beautifully prepared Falkland wool... and I think it ruined me. I'm just not feeling the joy right now (although that could be partly to do with the weather) and though I do like the rustic look of the finished yarn, I must say I prefer spinning wool minus the tangles. It could be the prep. All I know is that I have bags of this stuff, and no desire to spin any in the near future. Maybe I can trade it with someone on Ravelry or at one of the guilds... On a better note, my final package arrived from the Twilight Sock Club (final for me since I can't afford to renew and I'm already a whole pair of socks behind...):
It's green! I was hoping it would be, and there's a little orange and taupe in there as well. Nice. Well, that will keep me busy. I could definitely use more wool socks since it seems winter is sticking around awhile longer.


1 comment:
I don't envy you the snow. Looks cold brrr.
Sorry about the spinning, Perhaps you will regain your spinning mojo soon. You are braver than I am. I have to buy my wool ready balled. I am sure that if I ever tried spinning my wool would have more lumps than a camel.
I now have enough wool for 10 pairs of socks so I would be useless in any kind of sock knitting club! I would be about a year behind by now. They will get knitted - well eventually!
Post a Comment