Monday, April 21, 2008

An Evening Out

I took Evelyn for a drive this evening to Third Place Books. I wanted her to meet Stephanie Pearl-McPhee who was there to speak about knitting and sign her new book!I couldn't get the girl to smile or say a thing, but she sure looked cute wearing Anouk again. I dug it out of the 3-6 month bin earlier today thinking she could wear the dress as a shirt - worked out great! We also ran into Evelyn Clark while we were there and I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of the two Evelyns together... When are they ever going to be in the same place again? I can't believe I missed that opportunity... Oh well. She got to chew on some knitting needles, slobber on my book, ride in the stroller, eat a cookie, and throw her shoes for awhile. I'm sure it was a overall good time for an 18-month-old. I always have a good time listening to and visiting with The Yarn Harlot, but it was even more fun to have an outing with my daughter.

I was hoping to finish her own little version of the Ribbed Lace Bolero because I had plenty of leftover yarn, but I only got halfway through. Here's mine all done!


This is a very fast, easy knit, and the cotton yarn is surprisingly soft. I think this will look great with summer dresses... now if only the sun would come out!

1 comment:

Pamelamama said...

cute sweater! always fun to read about your happy life!