Monday, March 24, 2008

So, Um... How Was Your Easter?

Ours was a little different with two out of three kids not feeling well (one with pink eye) which prevented us from attending church. I did finish the bonnet with hours to spare (and only enough extra yarn to have some ends to weave in) and managed to get one pic of it on Evelyn...
... before she flung it on the floor and refused to let me put it back on. Here are some I took today so you can get a better look at it: This is the Marshmallow Bonnet from Itty Bitty Hats, and I made it using one skein of Austermann Bamboo Soft and a bit of leftover mohair. I even made a cute little crocheted button to fasten the chin strap, but the girl wouldn't even humor me. I'm giving her a break though since she's sick. Today she has a 103.3 F temperature, so I'm hoping to bring that down as well as give her eye drops every few hours (much to her despair) and going around trying to sanitize anything she might have put in her mouth the last couple of days. (That's pretty much everything.)

Aside from all that, we had a cozy day in... Stayed our pj's all morning until I decided Evelyn had to wear the dress I bought her for at least a couple of hours...Fortunately, I had gone for practical and bought something that she can wear as a summer dress as well. It rained for most of the day, but the photo above was taken during a brief sunbreak. (Look at those curls!!!)

The night before I had put together baskets for the kids with these cute "pot o' gold" buckets that my Grandma and Aunt Barb had sent them and you know, some extras from the Easter Bunny. Here's a pic of the kids all excited after they discovered the baskets:Evelyn got a baby doll that she pushed around in our mini-stroller for most of the afternoon.Then Phil went out to get us some Thai food and a movie, and I made scrambled eggs and waffles for the kids to eat for dinner. After the kids were in bed, he and I snuggled up to watch Atonement. We thought it was pretty good. Not a bad way to spend a day, but not what we were planning or expecting for Easter Sunday. How was yours?

Oh, and I forgot to mention during my post about babies that my friends Shaina and Elani are expecting as well... My goodness, I'd better start knitting!

1 comment:

JD said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! I love your updates and pictures.... I need to get more pics into my blog.