Tuesday, March 25, 2008

So Stinkin' Cute

I was on the phone with my mum yesterday when she told me she was sending a package down to LA for a friend's new baby girl - this friend was the Best Man at my parents' wedding and has a career as a Hollywood film editor. Very cool.
"Would you like me to knit a hat?"
"Are you sure? That would be great! Should I send some gDiapers?"
"Absolutely!"

I flipped through my copy of Itty-Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson, and found this:
I love it. I knit this using some leftover mercerized cotton I had in my stash - cotton because LA isn't cold, like ever... and besides, summer is coming. The pattern is so simple and the ribbons are absolutely darling. They make little loops like that while it's just sitting there so the hat can stretch onto the baby's head. I wish I could have taken a brighter pic, but the weather is dismal today - perfect for knitting, but not so perfect for photos. Some of those pregnant ladies I mentioned earlier better be having girls because I want to make more of these! Any ideas for modifying this for a boy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable!

For a boy you could do the same thing, but use ribbons with things that are normally associated with boys, sports themes, trucks etc..

enthusiastic crochetoholic said...

Such a cute hat. Maybe if you threaded very slim i cords through instead of ribbons it would look more boyish. Thanks for telling me how to link the Itty-Bitty hat book to my Ravelry project. I have read your blog for some time and am now de-lurking to say Hi

Jan

Katie said...

Ok, LOVE your blog. So cute! My Lily has a blog, www.lily-bean.com. It's not nearly as cute as yours, and talks about her medical issues, but feel free to give it a peek!

Katie
(from the Obama list/Etsy store)

Lori Matthiesen said...

I LOVE the ribbon hat! I had missed that in Itty Bitty Hats! I'm going to have to take a second gander!
I updated my blog with U/S photos and such. Stop by sometime.
www.JordanAndLori.com