There are couple of websites I wanted to tell you about... If you still haven't put away the Christmas lights and have some strings that don't work, or want to get LED lights next year, there is a website that is running a promotion until the end of January - they will recycle your incandescent lights for free, and if you are lucky (like me) they will send you a set of LED lights as well! You do have to mail them in, and unfortunately a box full of lights is rather heavy - I can't remember how much it cost me to mail mine, but it wasn't too bad... I certainly feel better having them out of my house!
I'm also going to mail my infant carseat back to Graco soon which I'm sure will cost more... Did you know they will recycle your expired carseats if you don't have a local place who will? Just email them first so they can give you a number to put on the box. If you didn't know carseats had an expiration date, look on the bottom of yours - I got a lot of good use out of mine (3 kiddos within 5 years,) and it finally expired Dec 2007.
Last but not least, for those of you who knit, spin, or weave (or not)... there is an online benefit auction going on for the Black Sheep Creamery. They are a farm in Shelton, WA that makes the most delicious sheep cheese, and lost about 80% of their farm (including the sheep) during the recent flooding. Several people have donated fleece, rovings, yarn, art, handwoven scarves, a loom, and several other things that are being auctioned off. You email them your bid, and all the proceeds go to saving the farm... Check it out!


3 comments:
It looks great! I have the pattern but have not been able to knit them yet. I have a front load washer too and it felts wool beautifully. Besides I can check it more easily than a top load one. Happy knitting!
So good to know about the carseat! We are still using ours (it just expired too, but we can get another month out of it!) but I was wondering what to do with it when we're done. Thanks for all the great info.
The clog looks good. If you're not using the suede bottoms, 3 bottoms would be nice and extend their wear. However, if you do use the suede bottom its really not necessary. If I were planning to use the suede bottoms again, I might only do 1 layer for the bottom of the foot! :)
Post a Comment