- A summer romper for Evelyn (in Barefoot Knits, a very cute book.)
- Smocked Gauntlets for me
- Gyrid from Viking Knits by Elsebeth Lavold
- Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket for some lucky baby...
- a Tea Cozy for my sister (not sure which one)
- a shrug from Lace Style
- the Table Skirt from Knit 2 Together by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark
- a pair of socks (really this year, I would like to do this... honest!) on two circular needles
- a complete shawl (any pattern will do... as long as I actually finish it.)
and I plan to finish the Vogue Cabled Cardigan this year too.
Well, I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything else at the moment. I've actually put some thought into my goals also and here's what I'd like to accomplish this year:
- Knit the things above (especially more lace)
- Compile a list of cute baby hat patterns that I'd like to knit, so I don't panic when someone's having a baby and knit something I've already knit for speed's sake.
- Make a notebook or scrapbook with swatches, patterns, and pictures of my work... including spinning and weaving samples.
- Inventory my yarn & fiber
- Get my most recent patterns written up online including the sailboat hat. (Did you notice I uploaded more pics of my projects? There were quite a few I hadn't put in the sidebar yet... it took awhile!)
- Become more proficient at spinning (which means spending more time spinning. I'm thinking of adopting the Yarn Harlot's practice of spinning every Tuesday. I'd like to try different techniques and definitely spin my alpaca fleece!)
- Become more proficient at weaving (which means I need to spend more time doing this also. I need to buy more reeds for my loom and a pattern book. I'd like to make a table runner, some scarves, placemats, and perhaps a skirt... or dare I say it? A kilt!)
There are a couple of sewing (yes sewing) projects I'd like to get to this year too... I STINK at sewing, but I want to make these anyway. Both patterns are by Amy Butler: a diaper bag which I plan to use as a purse/knitting bag, and Daisy's nap pillow for Evelyn. Wish me luck!
Now I'm off to my stash to pick out yarn for my little excursion!


No comments:
Post a Comment