Monday, January 08, 2007

Uh, Isn't this a Knitting Blog?

I've been blogging a lot about family events lately, so I apologize to those of you who've been waiting for some knitting-related content...
This morning I wound the Silky Wool for Nathan's Weasley Sweater. I've actually got four skeins of the blue, so I'll be making the 3rd size (which I hope will fit him since I bought this yarn a long time ago and the dye lot is long gone.) I've decided the sweater will have an "H" to make it a real "Harry" sweater instead of an "N" for Nathan. This way Jamie can wear it too, and maybe even Evelyn. I'm hoping to have enough of the yellow left over to make a pair of child's Knucks as well. I hope to knit a gauge swatch for this sometime today.

I'm almost finished with Phil's alpaca "manly" scarf. I've got some ends to weave in and I may put some kind of edging on it since I have a bit of yarn left and I'm not really satisfied with the length. I'll post a pic when I get it done.

I also decided to join the "Knit from Your Stash"-a-long this year. Our budget is tight (what with the newbie,) and people who stay in my guest room are starting to look at me funny. There is a lot of yarn in there - plenty to keep me busy this year, for sure... Besides, my amount of time for knitting is severely diminished at the moment. Here's my cutie-pie of a reason:
Phil also got a sweet photo of Jamie unloading the dishwasher... (He loves doing this... really, he does... It's a treat for him!)
Hey, we gotta get 'em while they're young and want to help. :)

1 comment:

KnitMoka said...

That picture of Jamie is priceless! I love when they start helping. Carter's gotten to the point that he gets angry if he finds out that I did laundry without him! Go figure.

Enjoy that weasly sweater. I showed a picture of it to Ethan, and he isn't interested. Guess I can make it for Carter and not have to make it so big!

See you tomorrow (if Ethan's well).