Monday, September 25, 2006

Henna Belly!

Only 3 days to go! Last night I had a couple of friends over for a small party. We had a mini-potluck with raw veggies, french bread with spinach dip, cheese and crackers with turkey slices, fruit with chocolate dip, and apple crisp. Yum! Then, the lovely Amy got out her henna kit and started painting my belly while Vickie took pictures and made spirals and dots on her hand. Phil gave the kids a bath, and I got to relax. :) It was fun to watch the baby kick and respond to the cool tickly sensation... I was so impressed that Amy didn't have problems keeping her hand steady! We had looked at some photos online first to get some ideas. I told her I would like something feminine, and not too busy - something with flowers and vines and spirals... and to let her creativity take over. This is what she came up with...

Isn't it a beautiful design? Amy is so talented - She told me later that mine was her first belly!

Today the henna is flaking off and leaving behind an orangy stain. Later it should darken up and I'll take some more pictures... I'm so glad we did something special to celebrate the end of this pregnancy!

5 comments:

Molly said...

Gorgeous belly!!! You look ripe for the picking.

Laura A said...

Cool! Are you going to be at Evergreen?

Keli said...

I wish you all the best!! Fun to see you at the Guild meeting...Im a member now!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun idea. Love the belly designs.

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

That is SUCH a fabulous way to celebrate an imminent baby!!!
Good luck!