Friday, September 22, 2006

6 Days More...

My last OB visit was Wednesday and there has been no change, the baby hasn't even dropped, so we're still on for the scheduled c-section next Thursday. I'm so done... My hips hurt and I'm really tired of being pregnant. I remember feeling like this at the end of my previous pregnancies, but this time... the inability to get comfortable is driving me crazy (or maybe it's the lack of sleep...)
Well, time to focus on other things... I finished another pair of Knucks for my mum:

These fingerless gloves are just super addictive - you have to try them. After making the first pair, you find yourself uncontrollably buying another skein of yarn to make more and then somehow they just fly off the needles in no time. I'm contemplating whipping out a pair for Nathan too.
I found a beautiful hanger at Ben Franklin Crafts to hang my Recycled Silk Wrap on, so now it's decorating my guest room instead of hiding in my closet... And I finally decided after making several failed attempts to create a pair of cute frog booties (really, they were turning out to be hideous) to make a hat for my friend Wendy's baby that is due at the end of October. Betcha can guess what kind of hat. :)
Oh, and just to let you all know... I was browsing The Hunger Site and noticed they are now selling yarn made from banana fiber! You can buy them in sets of two in either blue, natural, or black. The best part? The Hunger Site will donate 50 cups of food for each set purchased. Neat, huh? I wonder if the yarn smells a bit like bananas... Mmmmm.

3 comments:

Cat said...

I hope to start making a pair of knucks myself. Just have to figure out what color I want. And finish at least three other projects... Maybe. :)

Banana fiber... Why not in YELLOW?

Hope all goes well on Thursday, will be thinking good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie!

I'm thinking of you and wishing you all the best this week!

Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm a lurker in Hawaii. I first saw this hangar at the Houston Quilt market last year. If you go to lanternmoon.com you can see more of the same. It is made in Viet Nam. Thought this might be of interest to you. I have the hangar here in HI too! 8^)

Best wishes with the new baby!
Geraldine Kiser