Saturday, September 30, 2006

She's Here!

Welcome little Evelyn Rose...

She was born on Thursday, September 28th at 7:28am. She was 7 lbs, 4 oz and 19 inches long - my smallest baby yet! She's got dark auburn hair, small feet, and long dainty fingers. Her eyes are a very dark blue, so we're thinking they may change color like Jamie's did. Sorry it has taken so long to get some pics uploaded... We thought we were going to have internet access at the hospital, but it didn't quite work out that way. The scheduled c-section went well (no complications) and Evelyn seems to be healthy and happy to be here. :) At the hospital she received her first visitors...

Granny 'Bee and Grandma Lyn... (Grandpa Jeff was there too, but for some reason I can't find a photo!) And of course, her brothers, Nathan and Jamie:

The last couple of days have been spent with rest, recovery, and plenty of snuggles.

Today, I was feeling more like myself again and we were all ready to go home. Here's how Evelyn looked all dressed up for the journey!
More photos soon, I promise...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations. I've been waiting for pictures all week!

Laura A said...

Hooray! You got your girl! I'm so excited for you! I totally want to come and visit. Let me know when you're up for it. And we really like the name Evelyn. We've had it on our list for Veronica, and possibly Olivia.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Man, I wish I looked half as good as you do in these photos when I had my kids.

Keli said...

She is beautiful!!!! Congratulations!!! Girls are full of pretty things and wonderful times to build memories of "mother and daughter" times together...Enjoy!!

Molly said...

Yipppeee!

She is lovely, we can't wait to meet her in person. Hope you are recovering well and enjoying time with your new and improved family.

All our love,

Molly Keva & Kale

Monique said...

Same birthday as my 5 year old!

She is so beautiful! Evelyn is my favorite name for a girl.

I keep having to come back here to look at her, she's so adorable!

Congratulations!

FYRKRKR said...

Congratulations!
She's beautiful! Just like her Mama! I love her name, what a blessing you have brought into our world!
Thank you!
Gayle

Anonymous said...

You are both absolutely beautiful!
God has blessed you again.
--Tiana

Anonymous said...

Dear Katie,

Evelyn is beautiful. I am so pleased to have another grandchild under your loving care. You and Phil are both wonderful parents.

You are all in my prayers. I wish I could be there to celebrate this wonderful time with you. Give Evelyn a hug and kiss for me.

~ Teresa ~ said...

Congratulations on your new little girl! ~ Teresa ~

Elise said...

Congratulations on your new beautiful baby girl. She is so precious. You must be thrilled!

Elise

Leah said...

Congratulations! I am excited for all of you and can't wait to meet her! -Leah

stricken madchen said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations! What fun it will be to dress a little girl now. ;-) She looks adorable in her going home outfit.

Danielle said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby!