which was a blend of... you guessed it: cotton and acrylic, I got it in my head to use some of the other cotton yarn in my stash. You know, Lion Cotton, Sugar 'N' Cream, that sort of thing. Then, as I was flipping through my books and mags for dishcloth patterns I started thinking about all those paper towels I use up when wiping up my kids after mealtimes. Then the environmentally conscious part of my brain thought, duh, I should have made myself a whole bunch of washcloths just for this purpose ages ago!After fiddling with a flower washcloth pattern that had waaaay too many weave-ins, I decided to try these from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

I am sold. They look cool, they work great (the orange and red one looks a bit wonky because it's still wet from being used..,) and the pattern is so easy I had it memorized after 1 repeat. What's even nicer is being able to churn one out in an evening. :)


1 comment:
Bolero is very cute. I love the washcloths. I want to make some like these, but will have to wait till after Mother's Day since the Mason-Dixon Knitting book is a Mother's Day gift. It is here, but still in the Amazon box. boohoo
Post a Comment