Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A New Home for My Blog

There are pros and cons to moving my blog from MSN to Blogger, but since the positive aspects seem to outweigh the downfalls... I think I'll begin posting here from now on. I like Blogger in that the template is versatile enough that if I learn a little more about HTML I could probably make everything look really cool and personalized. I also like that I can post pics in the middle of my blog, like this...

Wow, that was really neat. I was able to choose the size of the photo and where to place it! The pic is of my sister, Jackie, with her finished satchel. Last weekend, I went up to B'ham with my boys to celebrate her 25th birthday! She had picked out this yarn awhile back and I've been fiddling around with it, making up the satchel as I went. (This was a felted project.) I think it turned out rather well, and as you can see... she loved it!

Since I'm posting pictures, I've also been working on my cowgirl duster to wear to all the Christmas (or if you prefer, "Holiday") parties...


You are looking at the back of the jacket and I have reached the armholes. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be too short. I've been adjusting the pattern because I'm a relatively short person (5'3") and I want it to be ankle length, not dragging all over the floor.

Two things I will miss about MSN: The photo album. I'll have to link somewhere else to do that... I think. I'll have to ask my software friends about this. I'll also miss having my posts categorized. It was nice that people could just click on "Family" or "Knitting" to just read those particular posts that interested them. Oh well. Perhaps I'll find a way to remedy that as well. One thing I was thinking is that I could have separate blogs for my recipes and book reviews and just link them here. I saw someone else's blog where they did this and it worked out quite nicely.

I apologize if this site keeps changing over the next few days. I'll be working on the layout and figuring out the best way to structure it. I sort of had a schedule for what sort of things I wrote about on certain days for my last blog, but since I'm all over the place lately I think I'll just post about whatever, whenever I feel like it. The best thing (and I may regret saying this) is that anyone can post comments!

2 comments:

Laura A said...

Hey! Cool new blog, and it's so exciting you get to take a very personalized spinning class. Woo hoo! I'm sorry you all got sick after your party.

I still have the blecks. Laura

Keva said...

After weighing Blogger and MSN Spaces, I went with blogger, too! Nice new site!

- Keva