Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gotta Start Somewhere

Yesterday was the first day of school and it was pouring down rain... We wouldn't have it any other way, really. I just finished sewing up Nathan's new pair of Montessori slippers before writing this post - better late than never, right? I don't think I'm going to needle-felt these. They are Mariners colors and I could fiddle around and try to make a picture of a baseball and a batter swinging or something, but Nathan is at the age when he doesn't want fancy... or rather, he doesn't like to draw attention to himself in an "Aw, that's so sweet!" kind of way. Besides, he really needs those slippers for class and I don't think his teachers would appreciate me working on them for another month.
This morning Alice screamed and screamed when she realized we were going home instead of to preschool. She is almost three and I wouldn't put her in school at all this year, but she really likes the idea and we've been assessing her for the developmental program that comes after Birth to Three in our district. She has been receiving physical therapy through Birth to Three and she might qualify for the preschool program too. We went yesterday for the PT evaluation, but I don't know if she'll get in until Friday. Alice will be really sad if she doesn't get to go - she wants to be a big girl, going potty and sleeping in a big girl bed. I couldn't get her to calm down this morning until I put out some puzzles, turned on some classical music, and put some barley and cups into a container for a pouring activity.
I've decided to blog again. I've been on Facebook for the past year, but it's so difficult to find past posts that way - plus, I'm a bit fed up with all the changes. Aren't you? Hopefully I can get my blog updates to post both there and at Google+. Don't worry - if you're my friend I'll still be reading/commenting/being obnoxious helpful. :)

4 comments:

Tandy said...

Glad to have you back. I love your stories and the fun (and headaches) that you share. Thank you!

~ Teresa ~ said...

I am so glad that you are back! I have been waiting a long time! I so enjoy your posts about family, crafting and whatever else comes to mind....

Brenda Wilbee said...

It's easier for me to stay on top of things this way. Thanks!

IMLOT said...

I'm so glad you're a-blogging again! I can't believe how much the kids have grown!