I don't want this to sound like a "sour grapes" post because it's absolutely not. We really do love it here... At first I was a bit skeptical about the six of us sharing one bathroom, but you know what? It has been fine... Actually, it has been more than fine because there is only one bathroom to clean! When we moved here I quickly realized that having laundry baskets in the bedrooms was completely impractical... So I ended up placing two baskets in the laundry room... and not only do the kids sort their own laundry, but I don't have to go around the house gathering it up before washing it. When one basket gets full, I dump it in the washer... Simple. It's great. I cannot wait until the weather is nice and I can hang it outside to dry! We also only have two places for garbage and recycling. When I vacuum or sweep, it's not an all-day project. We can always tell where everyone is, because we're closer together even when in different rooms - and I love that.
I finally got to sit and spin this week. I haven't dug out either of my treadle wheels from the room with all the boxes (don't make me go in there, I'm avoiding it for awhile) but I had a couple of skeins to ply on the miniSpinner, so I did that and then made a quick and lovely single.
This is 125.5 yds of merino/alpaca/silk - so soft! The fiber is the Allspunup spin-along for this month. I have been knitting and recently completed an Ishbel shawlette which is so small that I think I have to rethink its recipient. It was supposed to be for a friend, but it's so tiny. We'll see how it looks after blocking, but it may have to become a baby shawl for Alice or something... Easter is coming up... I haven't yet figured out where I'm going to block it. You see, at our old house... there was so much extra space.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Yum - that spin-along fiber came out great! I can so relate to this post. Everything you said about your new place is what I missed about our old place when we first came here. Three bathrooms really are no joke either. It's at least 1 too many!!
my god that is gorgeous
it's so very lovely!
You make me want to spin up my ASU fibre as well! It's such lovely stuff and your singles are so beautiful!
That yarn looks just like our island's lavender fields in the summer. Beautiful.
Where did you set the knob on your mini spinner? Ie. 9 o'clock position? Beautiful work!!
Post a Comment