Friday, January 08, 2010

Playing with the Light Box

Got some fantastic shots of my yarn today...
This is the same Falkland I showed you in the previous post. And here's a project I did awhile ago (again with new pics.)
Wow... Light boxes are pretty nice. Now I just need to figure out how to eliminate those seams.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Yum! Love that Falkland!

Anonymous said...

oooooOoOOoOOooo! pretty wool :)

aren't light boxes amazing? My only other favorite thing is an external flash. It makes SUCH a difference!

Julia Zahle said...

How about getting a role of paper - so there is no corners in the lightbox?

Dad said...

The shots do look nice! A light box gives a soft diffused effect with no harsh shadows. Next time you visit, I'll give you some translucent white heat resistant plastic roll to hide the seams.

Love,

Dad

Unknown said...

Sweet, thanks Dad!! Great suggestions from everyone else too!
I'll probably use a white sheet to lay the yarn on from now on too since the little platform that came with the box collects dust (and yarn fuzz) like crazy. Also it's too small - I think this light box was meant for shooting very small items.

Donna said...

Pretty yarn! And the lightbox makes such a difference. I never knew they existed until this week.