New Year's Eve was great - we spent it with family and old friends and it was wonderful to catch up with them and enjoy a well-thrown party. Since then the boys have played hours of video games, built small communities out of Legos, and done their best to make the most of the last few days of Winter Break.
It was really hard to get up this morning, but I'm glad to be back on a schedule even if I can't seem to get myself to bed at a reasonable hour... (she types at ten minutes to midnight.) Maybe tomorrow I'll make it to yoga class - that would be good. I know everyone says this, but I really put on too much weight over Christmas and New Years and it's time to get back on the diet plan. I usually use WW, and I know it works if I stick to it so I'm hoping to reach my personal goal this year. We'll see. A friend shared a tip with me: Don't eat after 8pm so your body has time to digest and burn calories before going to bed. Has anyone else heard this? I'm going to try it and see if it seems to make any difference... It's okay to drink water or decaf tea though, and yesterday I discovered Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger (tastes like candy, but doesn't have calories or artificial sweeteners in it - nice!)
So, here's what I've been spinning this week.

It's Kristin's Falkland Spin-along Fiber... and I had two braids of it, so I ended up with 582 yds of DK weight 2-ply. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but the yarn sure is pretty. I had many pics that showed off the range of color, but this one was the closest I could get to the darkness of it.

Very deep and rich - it was lovely to spin. I also whipped out a low-twist single with an old Spunky Eclectic Club selection called "Goblin Eyes." For some reason, I expected it to turn out more green... but it's the violet that pops. Sometimes you just never know what the yarn will look like when it's done - that's part of the fun!

Yesterday, Evelyn needed some one-on-one so I spent some time teaching her how to use the "Knitting Nancy" Doll. Do you remember these? This one was mine when I was a kid...

I was a little worried that a 3-yr-old wouldn't be able to remember all the steps, but Evelyn figured it out pretty fast and got the biggest kick out of showing her Daddy that she could do it. The part she had the most trouble with was remembering which prong to wrap... She hasn't practiced long enough to see the I-cord that comes out, but she was so proud of her "knitting" that she put it in her little pink purse when she was done. Gotta start somewhere. :)


2 comments:
So lovely. The fibre is beautiful and 'Knitting Nancy' was my first knitting experience too.
Yay Evelyn! How fun. Sounds like the end of your holiday was wonderful.
Post a Comment