Thursday, July 02, 2009

I Knew She'd Be the First...

... to be taken in for an emergency x-ray.
That is Evelyn's broken tibia. She fell off the climber in our backyard before dinner and Phil and I figured we'd better take her in when our "tough girl" wouldn't put her weight on it even after being cheered up with corn dogs and ketchup. :( Poor baby...
She was a trooper at the doctor's office though and let them put a splint on - we have to wait until the swelling goes down before they put a cast on it which will probably get done on Monday. Then I have to tell a two-and-a-half year old to take it easy for the summer... Not good.
The bright side, I guess, is that I won't have to run around making sure she's out of the way of the fireworks this weekend. I'm sure she'll be getting the royal treatment with her leg elevated and Phil's relatives all visiting!

6 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

OMG! I'm glad she's OK, you must have been so scared!

Unknown said...

Actually it's funny how the calm comes over you when you're in super-mommy-mode... Besides, she was so brave during the x-rays and letting the doctor move her leg around, it wasn't nearly as bad as the time Nathan almost knocked his two front teeth out!

michelle armstrong said...

Our prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. If she does "slow down" it only means she'll make up for it in the long run!

Charisa said...

I'm SO sorry to hear this! My heart goes out to Miss E. Lots-o-otter-pops for the next few days!

Pamelamama said...

Oh no!! Speedy recovery!!

IMLOT said...

Poor monkey! And poor parents! I had no idea she'd gotten boo-booed.

Tell Ms. Ev I said "welcome to the broken tibia club". I'll show her my fab-oh scar sometime. ;)