Saturday, March 14, 2009

Something Colorful

With all the gray skies and gray yarn, I was yearning for color and here it is!
This is some Superwash Merino dyed by Kristin of All Spun Up. So lovely to spin... I have another roving of hers that is the same fiber and all different colors. I'm thinking of plying them together for even more color explosion... This one has more purples and greens, and the other has more blues and reds so it should make a very interesting yarn indeed. 
Tandy's yarn was dry by Thursday, so I skeined it up all pretty and placed in the Martha Stewart box that Evelyn's dress had been sent in. 
Tandy was quite happy to receive it, but the irony is that she's got a wrist injury that is preventing her from knitting! She said I could keep the rest of the fiber though so I'll be bagging it up and selling it at the Valley Spinners Sale next month. 
Last night I finished up a hat for a baby shower I was attending this afternoon for our preschool director.  
The daisies were improvised from a design I found in Stitchionary: Vol 3. I paired the hat with a super cute Mally leather bib I found at our local eco-baby-boutique. Well, that's two baby hats down... Five more to go! (I think that's right...)

2 comments:

Pamelamama said...

ooooh! aaahhhh!

Jane said...

That superwash merino looks delicious!