Monday, December 15, 2008

Cold Snap

As I write this the temperature outside is 17 degrees F. Nathan's school district is running 2 hours late, and there's no preschool for Jamie so maybe they'll have more time to play in the snow. Yesterday we got some pics:

The boys made snow trails all over the backyard, but they couldn't stay out there too long. The wind picked up, whipping snow in their faces and it was as a red-cheeked Evelyn told me, "Du-per cold!!!" Cue mama and the hot chocolate. I'm hoping it will warm up a little later today so I can get down to the store, as we are out of hot chocolate as well as fruit and a few other things. 
I spent the day yesterday doing (you guessed it) laundry, and knitting. I had some fiber friends over on Saturday for a little knitting/spinning retreat and actually made some progress on Phil's slippers...
As you can see, I still need to knit the sole for that one. I've decided to start the other one for now and do the soles later. Since I had made such progress on my Christmas knitting I figured that gave me permission to work on some lace yesterday.
 I got few more repeats done last night and I've got 3 more to go before the lace pattern changes and I have to spend some time figuring it out. So far it has been fairly easy, just time-consuming. 
Last week I did finish up a lovely chunky skein of BFL...
...and I really need to get back to spinning Tandy's New Zealand wool and alpaca yarn. With knitting and spinning on the agenda, and the temp as low as it is, I think I'll be staying in. 

No comments: