(BTW, Phil and I are getting our Comcast internet hooked back up - he likes to download gaming videos; I like to upload pictures - those things and slow internet connections don't mix well. While uploading the above picture, I wandered off to find my knitting, took a few swigs of coffee, and completed one row of lace. I'm a patient sort of person, but this is absurd.) I also started and finished a purse this week!
This is a design by Teresa - the owner of Country Yarns in Snohomish - I just love that spiral handle. The yarn is Cascade 220, Quatro and Solid from my stash and I used every last bit of it. I'll probably felt it sometime this week. I'm not sure if I'll use this one myself, or sell it in the bazaar in the Fall. I really need to get started making stuff for that - I know if I put it off I'll be sorry. I really have no business knitting things for myself either with all the things on my "to knit" list, but I couldn't help myself. Remember how in my last post I mentioned that I bought some Cotton-Ease? Well, I'm knitting a Ribbed Lace Bolero because you know, everybody's doing it and I think it would be a practical summer garment for me. I started it last night at the Monroe B&B group, but I didn't get too far on it because I was an hour late due to my first guitar lesson!
Yep, that's right, I signed myself up for something else because I just don't have enough going on in my life right now. :) Actually, I was inspired to take this class offered by the community schools because my friend Laura is having such a good time learning how to play guitar and I've had a Fender acoustic in my closet for about 10 years. My fingers hurt pretty badly after last night, but soon enough I'll have a few wicked calluses and will be able to strum along to some of my favorites. There are only six people in the 8-week class so I think we'll be able to make some significant progress. Last night we learned 3 chords - enough to play Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind". I think I'm really going to enjoy this! The kids like it too - yesterday I lay the guitar on the floor and we had some fun making music together. I'll try and get some pics of them playing around with it today...


1 comment:
Good Luck with your guitar lessons.
Years ago I tried with my son's guitar and cut my fingers up pretty badly. I gave up as I couldn't knit and crochet with sore fingers!
The ribbed lace bolero looks lovely I might try the pattern for my nieces.
Post a Comment