Here are my felted clogs before adding the needle-felted design (Haven't done that yet): They probably could have been wet felted a bit more, but I like that I can wear my socks with them. These babies are pretty slippery on the wood floor, so I'm going to have to add some puffy paint or something on the bottom to make them grip a bit. I love how incredibly soft and squishy the bottoms are - they are so comfy!
And, here is my Rasta Hat:I used a 100% wool yarn called Armytage that I bought at Ben Franklin and check out how the color changes placed the lightest blue directly on the lace break point? Here's a pic of the top - it's so bulky (to hold the dreads, I guess) that I couldn't get it to lie flat.
Maybe I should send it to my friend Tober to bestow on one of his drum teachers! (You've got to see his blog - Tober is a world traveler, and he has some great pics of people making and playing drums in Mali, not to mention the beautiful scenery and architecture. There's also a photo of someone using a loom that is operated using the toes to open the sheds. I can't wait to see where he goes next...)
I've also been spinning like crazy... I received some Icelandic wool from the Spunky Club titled "Snow Squall" dyed in similar colors to the Rasta Hat but with some turquoise and gray. I decided the snow needed some sparkle and added a bit of silvery metallic stuff and the effect is spectacular:Unfortunately that picture is not. I will try to get a better one when I ply it... It's gorgeous and fit for a snow queen!
Hmmm... anything else? Oh yeah, my first kit from the Twilight Sock Club arrived! The colourway is "Thirst" - doesn't that just send shivers down your spine? Eeeeee!


No comments:
Post a Comment