My camera is broken... I don't know what is wrong with it, but it is supposed to be a really good one. It's a Canon Powershot, I've taken great care of it, but when I turned it on yesterday the LCD screen was blank and so was the viewfinder. (Yes, this was after I removed the lense cap!) I checked the batteries and they were fine. It acts like it's taking a picture, but nothing is captured... it's wierd, and it's annoying because good cameras aren't cheap and I have so much to show you!
My Fiber Trend Clogs are felted and dried... but of course, I have no pictures.
The Cat Bordhi Lace Moebius Cowl in the angora "Peter Rabbit" yarn is finished... and it's lovely, but I can't take a photo.
I finished up the Rasta Hat, and although I will not be wearing it myself, it looks totally awesome. It was fun to work on and it's beautiful... again, no photo.
My stupid felted bag that seems to be the bane of my existence recently got completely messed up while felting, is ridiculously lop-sided and will most likely need to be cut apart and stitched into something that somewhat resembles an actual purse... no stinkin' photo of that either.
And finally, my children are being even more cute than normal and it kills me that I can't take any pictures whatsoever! I'm calling Phil right now to make sure he gets on the phone with Canon today to find out what's up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Katie,
I am a periodic reader but don't think I've commented before - but felt I had to delurk because I had the exact same thing happen with my nearly-new Canon PowerShot in October. I can hear the picture "taking," and when I switch to Preview mode to see the pictures I've taken, there's a blank placeholder for each non-picture I've snapped.
I went to the Canon customer support site and went through the process of arranging for service, and lo and behold, it looks like this repair is covered - and I don't think my camera was still under warranty. Now I can't tell you what they diagnosed, or if/how it was fixed . . . because even though I printed my service paperwork right after Christmas, I still haven't managed to send the camera in. Oops. But I'm hopeful that it will be fixed up just fine, and hopefully free.
I would definitely check the Canon site and see if there is some sort of recall or known problem. To arrange service, you'll need your serial number and date/place of purchase, I believe.
Leigh (also near Seattle with two boys [twins] and a younger daughter)
Thanks, Leigh!
Post a Comment