Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Evelyn's 1st Birthday!

Hi, it's me... Evelyn! Shh, don't tell my mama that I'm using her computer... I thought I should post some photos of my birthday since she's usually so tired running after me and my brothers. (Grin.) Trust me, I can crawl really fast and now I can almost walk fast too!

I started my very special day with a bath at my Grandma and Grandpa's house... When we got to Grannie's house for the party, the kids all took the parents on a walk down to the beach while Mama stayed behind to prepare some yummy food... It was a very windy late-September day! Grannie made sure I was warm and stylish though.
At the beach I tasted some rocks...I thought they tasted pretty good, but Grannie said they were yucky.
The boys goofed around - they're always so silly! Back at the house, Mama and her helpers had put together a mini-feast. Everyone sang a birthday song just for me! And then I got to eat, which distracted me long enough for Mama to put a tiara on my head...
But only for a few minutes!Then, I had some cake...I also received some great presents from my friends and family - I didn't like wearing the bows, but I did like tearing up the wrapping paper. And I spent some good times with my aunts and uncles: Whew! After all that partying, I was really tired. It only took a couple of minutes for me to fall asleep on the way to the next event... Aunt Jackie's birthday dinner... That's right, we share birthdays right next to each other!
Only, Mama didn't make her wear the tiara. I guess it's sorta fun being a princess for a day.
Grandma bought me the cutest bracelet before it was time to go home... I'm gonna wear it all the time! And it's always nice to snuggle with Grandpa: So, when do I get to have a birthday again? Oh, my mama's coming... Time to go!

5 comments:

Kerri Butler said...

Wow! I can't believe Evelyn is a year old already!! Love the pictures - she is gorgeous!

KnitMoka said...

Happy birthday, darlin'! It looks like you had a great day. Tell Granny Bee that her hair looks good like that!

~ Teresa ~ said...

I have been reading your Moms blog since before you were born Evelyn! Happy Birthday to YOU! Can you please tell your Mom that I love all of the things that she does with yarn?

Anonymous said...

1 year already??? time flyes! You look so cute. Tell your mom, I will bring the spindle to the next guild meeting.

Laura A said...

Cuuuuuute! Happy Birthday!