I ended up casting on yet another WIP (that's Work in Progress for the non-knitters.) The Knitsters were making this super-cute "Flirty Skirt"and I couldn't resist it with its drop-stitch ruffle and gathered butterfly stitches. No, it's not for me - Don't be silly! The yarn is some mercerized cotton I traded out of the Knitting for Peace stash for some warmer fibers. So far it's working up pretty fast, so maybe I'll actually finish it before I watch the next episode and cast on something else!
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
The DIY Trap
A week ago, Phil came home with a new cable box... with a DVR... and about a bazillion channels. This was very strange considering we aren't really TV watching folk. We usually sit around and read, or work on projects at the table, or if we are in front of the tube it's because we're watching a movie from Netflix or playing some video game. (That would be Phil, not me.) But there was some screamin' deal going on and the first question out of my mouth was, "Do we get the DIY Network?!" You see, all my fabulous knitting friends can't stop talking about the show, Knitty Gritty, and I really really really wanted to watch it. (Really.) Sure enough, I set the DVR up to record it and when the babies were taking their nap I plopped down with my needles and yarn for some inspiration. And here's what happened...
I ended up casting on yet another WIP (that's Work in Progress for the non-knitters.) The Knitsters were making this super-cute "Flirty Skirt"and I couldn't resist it with its drop-stitch ruffle and gathered butterfly stitches. No, it's not for me - Don't be silly! The yarn is some mercerized cotton I traded out of the Knitting for Peace stash for some warmer fibers. So far it's working up pretty fast, so maybe I'll actually finish it before I watch the next episode and cast on something else!
I ended up casting on yet another WIP (that's Work in Progress for the non-knitters.) The Knitsters were making this super-cute "Flirty Skirt"and I couldn't resist it with its drop-stitch ruffle and gathered butterfly stitches. No, it's not for me - Don't be silly! The yarn is some mercerized cotton I traded out of the Knitting for Peace stash for some warmer fibers. So far it's working up pretty fast, so maybe I'll actually finish it before I watch the next episode and cast on something else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
It's so cutey!
Are we on for tomorrow? Not that I have anything to report. It's been a bummer of a month, and I've been working hard. If it's just going to be you, would you like to come in the evening and we could go to the Village spin in together afterwards?
Also, are you going to The Pines on Saturday?
Post a Comment