It didn't quite turn out as I expected. That middle part is supposed to be completely white, and the bottom is supposed to be sequenced with purple, blue, green and white stripes. Somehow a few of my sections were completely gobbled up by the purple and I have purple splotches throughout the middle section. I think it's because we didn't actually finish the dyeing process at the meeting... we put the dye on and then wrapped the different sections in plastic wrap and stuck it in a plastic bag to take home and finish. So the purple dye apparently had a good time in my bag on the way home, and I'm going to end up with a cute pair of very purple socks. For those of you who know me well, you probably are very sure this won't bother me one bit.
Since I haven't posted in awhile, I suppose I need to meet my cute photo quota...Evelyn's modeling a hat that's not supposed to be seen until next week... So don't tell anyone. After I took this picture, I changed the tassels to orange because I thought the blue just stuck out too much. The baby is as cheeky as ever. She can be totally adorable and smiley one minute, and then emitting a high-powered shrieking cry the next. I think she may be teething though, which may have something to do with the extremely short naps.
Nathan's just been Lego crazy lately. Phil got out all his old Star Wars Legos (yes, and his newer ones too...) and Nathan has been so absorbed with every detail, following the directions, sometimes sitting for a couple of hours to work on each piece. He was so proud when he had put them all together... now he's really motivated to fill up his chore chart because he knows then he can pick out a new set.
Jamie is trying to earn the "best big brother" award this month - he just loves his little sister and I keep catching him giving her kisses or trying to pick her up and drag her across the floor. (Don't worry, I stop him before he actually does this, but it is good to know that he wants to include her in his playtime activities.) He loves to hold her in his lap, feed her baby food at the table, and makes her laugh when they're in the car. So sweet!
I've still been working on hats like crazy... I finished 3 monkey hats, started Jackie's cabled hat, finished the one above, knit a white baby hat with a needle-felted heart on it - hope to get a pic of that one soon... Oh, and another one of these...
Ok, one more of the kids before I go...


3 comments:
Your yarn is pretty! It's a nice purple, and as always, very cute babies!
Oh boy, hand dyed yarn, old school Star Wars legos, a new hat and cute kid pics. What more could one ask for?
Take care
Love the yarn even if it didn't turn out exactly as you wanted it to. :-)
Kate
Post a Comment