Saturday, February 03, 2007

Don't Mind 'im, He's 'Armless

So, what do you want to do today? ... I don't know, what do you want to do? I don't know... (Break for coffee...) So, what do you want to do? Ever had one of those Saturdays? After a morning of that, we had lunch and decided to drive into Seattle to the new outdoor sculpture park...
It was raining quite a bit when we got there, but we Washingtonians laugh in the face of rain (well maybe not, but we don't put our lives on hold, that's for sure...) By the time we got walking around, it had settled into a sort of light mist. The boys seemed quite intrigued by the sculptures - I really liked the layout of the place, all the nice little trails leading to different parts of the exhibit, and I think the waterfront will be awesome when it's finished. My favorite today though was the nursing tree exhibit...
It was so amazing to see this huge living forest ecosystem that had been transported into the middle of a bustling city. Kind of eerie too... You know, like that song by Joni Mitchell. Good thing they didn't charge us to see it!

This was also interesting - in the lobby they had these spheres made out of plastic cord suspended from the ceiling that the boys were able to climb inside. Jamie was a little scared and wanted out, but Nathan had fun playing the balancing act. After the sculptures, we decided to walk along the Seattle waterfront a little. We didn't get to the aquarium, but we did make it to the carousel. Honestly though, I think Nathan and Jamie had more fun playing air hockey than on those merry-go-round horses. We decided to take the kids to dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory before heading back home. Evelyn was a dream today napping for most of this excursion, only waking to nurse before we ate. Yesterday I took a pic of her wearing another set from Aunt Nancy...
So darn cute!

I had planned to knit on the Harry Potter sweater today, but this morning discovered (gasp) that I didn't have the right type of needle for the sleeves. I could have done it magic-loop style like I did with the neck, but that seemed to take forever so I wanted Size 5 double-points. After a trip to Ben Franklin, we were good to go but I thought it would be fun to have Nathan try on the sweater before I knit the arms...

This kid just cracks me up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about that new sculpture park but haven't made it down to see it yet. It looks like you all had a great time despite the rain. :-)

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly said...

WOW the sculpture garden looks awesome. We are so gonna visit next time we are stateside. Ever since reading your post I have been struggling to put together all of the lyrics to the Joni Mitchell song so I finally looked up the lyrics today. Made me happy just to read them. Smiles

http://www.jonimitchell.com/musician/song.cfm?id=BigYellowTaxi