Monday, January 22, 2007

Monkey Hat #2

Is it just me or are the eyes a bit too big on this one? It looks more like a lemur than a monkey... This would be due to my lack of skill in making french knots. (Thanks to my mum-in-law however, I am making progress... before, I couldn't even figure out how to make it stay put and not disappear into the back of my work!) This hat is for a girl - the only difference is the scalloped edging.

I also finished the mistake-rib scarf:
I just love that oatmeal color - the alpaca is super warm and soft too! I must have a smudge on my camera lens because I just noticed there's a fuzzy bit in each of those pics. Let's see if the next one has it too...

A neighbor (who just happens to be Phil's project manager) has been cleaning out a room in their house for a baby that is due in March. They just gave us this really nice couch: Isn't it pretty? (Yup, there's the smudge again...) Now I really want to get new cushions for the old one... I've been covering them up with blankets for years. I'm sure some of you recognize this piece of furniture - it has been in the family for years. I think the wood on the sides and back makes it very unique, and those colors were pretty snazzy back in the '70s... Anyone know where I can get a foam cushion custom cut and some new pillows for the back? In the meantime, I'm really glad I've got more seating options in my living room... all the better to sit and visit... and knit, of course!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new couch! I don't think the hat looks funny--it's very cute in fact. It may look different than the other one if they were side by side, but I'm sure no one will notice a difference.

Danielle said...

Delurking to answer your question...

Pacific Fabrics will custom cut a piece of foam, provided you know the exact desired dimensions. I love watching your knitting take form. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

There is a store in Bellevue that does custom foam, I think it is called The Foam Store on 20th down from Fred Meyer.