Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Balmy 36 Degrees F

This is what our weather looked like yesterday...We've had a few snow storms this winter, and the temperatures have been staying well below freezing - too cold to take a newborn outside, so the kids and I have had a good case of cabin fever lately. This morning it started to warm up though so the ice is turning to slush, the snow is giving way to rain, and the roads are a little less treacherous.

Phil had Monday off for Martin Luther King Jr Day, so we took advantage of a brief thaw to drive out to Country Village with his mum. The boys played with the trains at Toys that Teach, fed the ducks, and rode on the little merry-go-round while their Granny got a workout. :)

She and I popped into the yarn shop while the guys were looking at icicles, but I didn't buy anything because I'm trying to be a good girl and work from my stash. I haven't gone much further with the sweater so I plan to work on that tonight at Yarn Yoga. I'm about halfway done with the scarf and I finished my first sock monkey hat!This one is for a neighbor who is going to have a boy in March. These hats are so cute and I've had a couple of requests for them - the pattern is from the crochet book by Debbie Stoller. I just hope I don't get burned out on making them!

Evelyn is doing well. She still hasn't quite figured out whether she's a thumb-sucker or a binky girl yet - it seems to change day by day. She's just started to play with things other than her fist though. Here's a photo of her in the exersaucer:


It's almost time to pick up Nathan from preschool. Maybe tomorrow I won't have to wear my boots!

3 comments:

KnitMoka said...

The monkey hat is darling! Well, not as darling as your kids, but very cute indeed. Glad to see the weather getting back to what we're used to as well!

Laura A said...

I've been wondering how Spin Knitters of Bothell is doing. How was it? Was she well stocked with stuff? Every time I need something, I call them, and they never have it, so I haven't been in.

Your crocheting?

I haven't seen that book. Is it cool?

Anonymous said...

Evelyn is getting *so* big!! I remember when Dylan was that age he loved his exersaucer. :-) I'm glad the temps are a bit warmer and the ice and snow has melted. It makes it a bit easier to get around.