Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Knitting Goals for 2007

I met quite a few of my goals last year. I knit a Cat Bordhi moebius basket/bowl which took care of two since it was felted. I tried a lace project, but I didn't finish it. I certainly can knit faster than I could a year ago, but I didn't have to learn continental style to do it. I managed to keep a few of my projects. I even snuck the needle-felting in on Evelyn's Christmas stocking. I think the only things I didn't do on the list was knit socks and dye wool. There were several items on my project list I didn't start and/or finish including the Vogue Cable Cardigan, Noro Armwarmers, Nathan's Harry Potter sweater (I really need to get going on this,) and the felted clogs. Those are still on my list for this year along with many other projects. :)

Here are my knitting (and other fiber-related) goals for 2007:

*Knit more for charity
*Knit something for an art installation and/or for The Evergreen State Fair
*Learn how to weave
*Become more proficient (and consistent) at spinning
*Try (and finish) another lace project

That's it, you say? Hey, I have three kiddos now to care for so I don't want to set the bar too high. :)
I also have some health goals. I really let my weight get out of control over the holidays and I'm paying for it. My ankles and knee joints are aching and I find myself getting out of breath just going up the stairs. I need to stop wearing maternity pants! My friend Laura, my mum, and I are going to try and lose 50 lbs each this year. I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone because it's not going to be easy. We're going to meet once a month to knit, discuss our progress, and celebrate every 5 lbs we lose. Each of us is going about this in different ways so it will be interesting to see how things work for each person. I was fortunate enough to win (at MOPs) a Curves membership for 1-year so I'll be doing that and Weight Watchers as well. I'm really excited because it would be so awesome if all 3 of us succeed in losing 50 lbs - Please wish us luck and determination... We're going to need it!

3 comments:

KnitMoka said...

Sounds like some good goals. I too am going to be losing weight. 58.5 pounds to be exact. So I'll keep you posted!

Good luck girl!

Keli said...

Sounds great!!! I will be right there with you trying to loose..Im doing the Dr.Oz plan...I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

I lost 50 pounds in 2006 so you can do it!!! You for it girl. :-) I want to lose another 50 this year. I'm planning to join a gym to help out my weight loss, too. And I hear you on knitting for charity--I am currently working on some items to donate for the Dulaan project. I am finding that doing something for others who are far less fortunate than me is making my own problems seem small in comparison.