Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cutie Pies

Here are my boys in their Halloween costumes... Nathan wore this clown costume that my mum made for me when I was his age. (Except for the yarn wig, of course, which was provided my myself.) Jamie wore the Grumpy Bear costume that was Nathan's two years ago. He just so happens to love his Care Bear right now, so it was perfect for him. Both boys had a great time trick-or-treating with their Dad, and I've had difficulties keeping them out of all the candy this week. (I usually only allow a couple of pieces after dinner, and sometimes after lunch - Am I a mean Mommy, or what?)

I've been meaning to blog about my recent knitting (and spinning) accomplishments... I've started spinning the yarn for my Christmas stockings. This is for the Mistletoes knit-a-long on Laura's site. This is the first time I've spun for a project and it makes me a bit nervous that I'm not spinning very consistently. I'm trying to spin bulky yarn for this, which was tricky at first since up to this point I've only tried spinning for a worsted weight. You'll notice that some bits of that yarn look skinnier than others - perhaps this will add to the rustic ambiance of the stocking? Let's hope so. I also knit this hat for Wendy's baby boy. It's made with Berroco Lullaby which is super soft and stretchy. The eyelashy stuff is Bernat Boa which I thought made a nice brim. I'm currently working on a 2nd hat just like this one so I have it ready for the next boy that comes along. I know so many women that are pregnant right now and I'm sure at least one of them will have a boy. :) You're probably wondering how I'm finding so much time to knit - Well, I had another glorious day at Jean's yesterday with lots of knitters willing to take turns holding the baby. Then, we spent today driving around for a bit of shopping - Phil drove and the car ride was prime knitting time for me. Fortunately, Evelyn has started getting better about sleeping in the car seat.

No comments: