Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stitch 'N' Pitch 2006

Consider this the before and after pic of the Knucks during the Mariners Stitch 'N' Pitch game last night... Nope, I didn't get any knitting done whatsoever... which was too bad considering I had knit this far just so I wouldn't have any little pieces to worry about. Oh well. We did have some fun though... Phil, the kids, and I had hot dogs for dinner. Then, the boys watched some baseball while I went to go check out the booths. The event was mildly disappointing for me because I had heard so much about all the freebies that were given out last year and I heard that those who bought their tickets at Pacific Fabrics this year got a bunch of free goodies in their tote bags like a pair of large needles, yarn, as well as some cool notions and coupons. Since I bought my tickets online at the Mariners website, all I got was the tote bag. (Live and learn...) Some of the booths had a drawing for those who wanted to sign up for their mailing lists, but most of the yarn shops represented were doing what they do best - selling yarn. I really did my best to resist, but then Village Yarn and Tea had this gorgeous roving...I'm thinking this is just begging to be made into beautiful handspun Christmas stockings! I also managed to pick up a ball of yarn from the Seattle Knitter's Guild, but that needs to be knit up into squares and sent back to them for Project Linus. Speaking of charity work, I realized that I missed the deadline for the Dulaan Project and was really bummed because I read somewhere that they wouldn't be doing it in 2007. Turns out that's not true. In a flyer I picked up from one of the booths, there was an article all about it and it mentioned that anything sent to them after the deadline this year will be sent to Mongolia next year. So, there's still plenty of time to get knitting!

See below for Stitch 'N' Pitch, Part 2...

No comments: