Friday, July 28, 2006

Rip it... Rip it good.

Here's my almost finished bolero... And here it is being fed to the ball winder because it was about 4 inches too wide...

I don't know how I could have been so far off with my gauge. I'm going to have to start over... from the beginning. Make the medium size (which doesn't make sense to me at all since my bust is way bigger than those measurements.) Really, it's not that big of a deal (sniff)... I'm a big girl knitter, I rip things all the time (sniff, sniff)... Nevermind that I've got a bunch of other projects that need to get done soon (whimper)... and that I may need to put this one off until after the reunion (sob)... Well, I'll get to wear it eventually, right?

Seriously, I'm ok... (Waaaah-haaaaa-haaaa!)

4 comments:

Keli said...

I love you roving!!! What is it made of, merino? Hope you are feeling good, do you know where I can get ahold of a drum carder? I also need some fiber!!

Cat said...

All I can say is...

OWCH!

But, at least you'll have it for next time, not some yarn that self destructs to take it out... Ask me how I know.

Cat

Unknown said...

I know what you mean... I once made a duster coat that had a Fun Fur fringe and ended up cutting it out when I realized I'd made a mistake! Fun Fur does not rip well. Cotton on the other hand unravels like a dream - made it less painful to do so, I suppose. :)

Angela said...

I feel your pain with the Short n' Sweet, I had to rip it out a few times myself. The color is gorgeous though. Good luck with the remake. Angela "La Vonne" Best