First off, I had my second ultrasound yesterday which confirmed I've got a baby girl!
This is good not only because we're delighted that our boys will have a sister, but because a good friend of mine came by last week with this huge pile of clothes. Um, there's a whole lotta pink in there. I almost cried as I looked at each little outfit... they were soooo darn cute!Here's a pic of my newest quilt square posing with the belly.

Remember the fickle knitter post? Well, I got this far with Clapotis...
... and have decided that it's going to be too wide. See how I've used almost a whole skein of the recycled silk before starting the "straight knitting" part? Well, I've only got three and this stuff is the heaviest yarn I've ever used. If it's going to be light (and well "summery" was the word I used wasn't it?) then I'm going to have to rip it back about halfway and begin the next section from there. It's going to involve tricky replacement of stitch markers and keeping track of which stitches were knit into the back and which were knit in the front loop... which is why I haven't done it yet.
Instead, yesterday I finished the afghan for Ben Franklin.
And started this...
(Argh, I'm having trouble with photos again... I think I'll just start another post later today, which means you'll probably end up reading it before this one!)


1 comment:
Congratulations on a Baby Girl!!!
Post a Comment