
If you're wondering whether or not I was planning to put these together in a quilt... probably not. The yellows and lighter blues don't really go well together. I may use them separately in smaller quilt projects like table runners or something like that. It's a one-square-a-month thing which I figured I could handle as a beginner, but I'm still managing to get behind occasionally. Now I'm all caught up, so hopefully I'll get around to doing next month's square a bit earlier.
Speaking of squares, I sort of have a square theme going on in my house. At first this was completely unintentional, but now I'm starting to go with it. A couple of months ago I bought a square mirror to go above our family room fireplace, then last time I was at Costco I found this...
We hung this candelabra in our entryway... It goes nicely with the square wall hanging, square wall art, square Clue board (don't ask), and the nice little square windows in our dining room...

This is the first day of sunshine (and first day of no rainy downpours) in a couple of weeks. I'm taking my spinning wheel outside!


4 comments:
Dude. That candle spiral wall thingy is awesome.
How hard is quilting? I have a machine, but I hardly ever use it, and was hoping to try quilting some day, when I get God to add 4 more hours to each day. :)
Thanks! The square mirror I bought was from Ikea and it has those spirals around the outside as well - I like it a lot.
Quilting isn't too complicated, but takes some nit-picky measuring and cutting and a bit of patience. I like this club I've joined because they provide visual diagrams at the bottom of the written instructions showing which pieces to put together first. If you can sew a straight line 1/4-inch from the edge, you can do it. :)
Does anyone else find it strange that the exclamation point at the end of the above post is actually a hyperlink to brokencredit.com ??
If you're gonna do that, why make it so discreet?
I know, I thought that was pretty lame... Oh well, what can you do? You put yourself out there, you're bound to get spam.
Post a Comment