
Isn't it cute? This is the first time I've actually had to set-in sleeves so I'm hoping the result doesn't look too amateur. I'm sure I'll get better at it with practice. The baby is adorable and already over a week old so I'm glad this is finished and can get delivered very soon.
I've decided to make the Baby Bolero from One Skein for my own sweet baby-to-be. I still have to wait another month before I find out whether it's a boy or a girl, but I'm eager to get knitting and this project would look precious on either.
I had the good fortune to be asked to knit for a demonstration at the local Ben Franklin a couple of weekends ago, and as I was pondering how amazing it was that they would pay me just to sit there and knit - chatting about the classes we offered and different projects, I came across this and just had to buy a skein...
Unfortunately, it's a lot more fun to look at than to knit with. After giggling awhile at the instructions to lube my needles, I cast on for what I thought would be a quick and cute beach bag. The trouble is, the plastic doesn't knot well and the cast on row keeps trying to unravel as you knit. I finally managed to get it to stay put by weighting the tail with a few heavy beads. After a few attempts at creating a pattern that would look good and work in the round, I gave up. It just looks like a tangled mess - no stitch definition whatsoever. I'm sure I can find some other use for it... any suggestions?


No comments:
Post a Comment