Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Vintage Bubble Bags

Two bubble bags are almost complete. This is a pattern that is easy to whip out... I'm working on the tedious 5-stitch I-Cord straps now.
I like the pattern, and I like the style of bag, but I'm not so sure I like the yarn. Noro looks fabulous all bundled in its little skein, but I expected the colors to blend more and not come out so stripey. I'm hoping the felting process will help with this. The colors are not at all as I had envisioned and the grey Cascade 220 just makes it all the more blah. Also, I'd never used a yarn before that had so many burrs and slivers in it - I was constantly picking them out. I've decided to make another bag with denim blue as the background color and a Noro blend of greens and oranges. That should be a good way to welcome Spring.

We've had some beautiful weather the last couple of days. Yesterday, Monika and I took our boys to Seattle Center to visit the Children's Museum. The pic to the left isn't very interesting I know... it's just we were having too much fun to take a lot of photos. They have a new exhibit all about Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. The kids had fun moving the trolley, opening doors, and playing with all the puppets. We had lunch in the Center House and watched some cute old couples swing dancing. Then, we went outside to enjoy the fountain for awhile. Monika took the older boys a bit closer so they could have an exciting time trying to run away from the streams of water. They didn't get too wet, and it was warm enough that we didn't mind getting misted a few times.

No comments: