Two of the Vintage Bubble Bags are finished and ready to felt. I always get a little queasy before I do this... perhaps it's because I have a front load washer and I've heard there have been disasters with these. However, I haven't had any problems so far. I've also heard that it's usually necessary to run the item through two wash cycles, but I haven't had to do that either. Maybe it's because I use the throw-in-an-old-pair-of-jeans-and-a-couple-of-tennis-balls trick. I don't know, all I know is that I like the felted look, but the action of felting causes me anxiety. I have started a new bag for myself made with denim blue and a mix of greens, blues, and pinks.

Look how the colors are actually blending? I wonder what happened with the grey... Oh well, I'm sure my mum and mum-in-law will think they are very pretty.
A couple of nights ago I finally went back to the Valley Spinner's Guild. I hadn't attended a meeting since I first learned to spin several months ago. I'm glad I went because they were celebrating their 30th year anniversary. Some of the ladies were sharing stories and we all got to eat cake and drink punch. Mmmmm. I also did quite a bit of spinning with that beautiful purple roving I had traded some yarn for...
It's a bit lumpy because I'm really out of practice, but ooh how it sparkles and I love the color! I was excited to find out that
The Pines Farm is having a workshop called A Spring Fling where I plan to learn how to dye wool and color blend. Their dyed fleeces are incredibly beautiful and soft - I almost bought some at the last guild meeting but I ended up buying some to card myself instead. They are also having a spin-in that day and I definitely need more opportunities to spin. I've found it's really impossible to do while the boys are up. Funny how the kids only find the wheel extremely fascinating when I'm using it...
No comments:
Post a Comment