Thursday, March 09, 2006

New Glasses

It was time for Phil and I to get new glasses, and we thought we'd better get Nathan's eyes checked too since he starts preschool in the Fall. Sure enough... Aren't they cute? Poor little guy - he has a really strong prescription for the left eye which means he was only seeing okay with his right eye. The optometrist suggested patching the right eye for a couple of hours a day just so he can learn to use his left eye properly. I guess we'll be playing pirates!
I really like my new ones - they are darker, but not quite horn-rimmed, and have a nice shape that's quite different from the rounder ones I've had for so long.
Phil hasn't got his new ones yet, but he tells me they have no rims at all - can't wait to see them!
I'm so glad I have some down-time today to write a post. The last few days have been a bit hectic since Jamie has been sick with stomach flu and I've been constantly doing laundry. Bleh! Needless to say, I haven't had much time for knitting either... Although I did visit Great Yarns on Saturday and bought some beautiful Noro Silk Garden for my own Vintage Bubble Bag (see Pursenalities) - never mind that I haven't even started my mother's yet. It was my first time going to that shop and although I thought the location had much to be desired, the shop itself was wonderful, and full of stuff to fall in love with.... like this.

That, my friends is a $21 skein of Noro Iro (essentially Silk Garden, only bulkier) which I just couldn't convince myself to purchase even though I kept going back to admire it. The photo honestly doesn't do it justice... the greens are so deep and mossy and the color combination is strikingly beautiful. Fortunately, I was shopping with Monika who wouldn't let me leave without it and insisted on paying for it herself - hee, hee! I cradled it in my lap all the way home and unsuccessfully tried to think of a project worthy of it.

3 comments:

Molly said...

oh my goodness is he adorable or what...

Anonymous said...

Nathan,

I like your glasses.

Laura A said...

Oh, fondling impractical, expensive, gorgeous yarn sounds so therapeutic right now. I wish I had money.