Friday, March 03, 2006

Knitaphobia

No, I did not fall off the face of the planet. I did however, get burned out on knitting for awhile. I overdid it during the Knitting Olympics and I've learned my lesson. Timeframes take the joy away from the hobby, which is why I'll probably never knit for a living.
No, I did not finish the shawl. On the Friday after my last post I was tempted to have a knitting one-night-stand with every other project I had going, but then chickened out. My reasoning was that if I didn't knit anything (including the shawl) I couldn't really be disqualified for being disloyal to the lace team.
So, being tired and feeling nauseous even when I looked at a piece of knitting, I haven't really knit anything in over a week aside for the samples I had to do for my classes. Instead I've been looking at my spinning wheel again with longing. Yesterday, my friend Monika and I did a trade - my Rowan Kid Classic stash for two large bags of beautiful wool roving in natural colors and a glorious purple with sparkles!
This is a terrible photo I know - I should have it meticulously laid out on an antique table... but alas I don't have an antique table. And I'm extremely low on energy at the moment. The good news is that I saw the doctor this week and had an early ultrasound that showed the pregnancy is going well for baby. She asked if I was exercising and I had to try really hard not to laugh - maybe during the next trimester I won't feel like napping 24/7.

No comments: