Monday, February 20, 2006

Halfway Done... Almost... Not Quite

I've only done 5 repeats and there are 13 altogether... then I need to add the lace edging... then I need to block it. How am I supposed to finish this by this Sunday? Impossible... especially when I'm tired - pregnancy tired, and sick - pregnancy sick. Also, my house is a mess and when I don't pay enough attention to my kids they do stuff like this...

Yes, those are my gift wrapping supplies strewn on the floor, with acrylic paint on the carpet and walls. Do my kids need a creative outlet or what? I'm finding it somewhat funny now, but when it happened... I was not laughing. Just minutes before, my one-year-old had stepped in the paint and walked footprints across the landing. We managed to get those out of the carpet (I made Phil come home and help me,) but we are going to have to replace the carpet in the closet. I'm sure this has got to be a boy thing. My sister and I never would have dreamed of doing things like this. No really, never. You are probably thinking my boys are just absolute terrors because of my posts lately, but actually they usually play nicely together and are very happy most of the time. They are also quiet for little ones... too quiet. Gotta go.

4 comments:

Keli said...

Congratulations on your baby news.!!!
Great work on your shawl...
When is your due date??? I found out I was expecting in Feb. too and had Amelia in Nov.

Unknown said...

I'm over 8 weeks along and due in September. Thanks for the congrats, though I wish I was feeling better. I wasn't sick with either of my previous pregnancies, so I'm hoping this means I'll be having a girl?

Keli said...

Hi Katie,
Hope you are feeling better today..take care..

Reb said...

Katie, your shawl is looking lovely, and will be wonderful whenever it's finished. I hope you get to feeling better soon.