
It doesn't look like much though, does it? You can sort of see the leaf pattern starting to show up. I'm getting a bit nervous about the repeats. Will I lose track? I'm also worried about time constraints (as I'm sure everyone who is doing the Knitting Olympics is.) I had no time to knit this weekend as we were visiting and helping family with outside house projects, and although I was inside most of the time, my job was to keep the children out of mischief.
I did get a chance to knit on the one and a half hour drive up there and managed to complete 4 rows. Grrrrrr. I worked and un-worked Row 29 until it occurred to me that I was not mis-reading anything, and that there could be a mistake in the pattern. Sure enough, the first asterisk should be right after the k2 (just like it is in every other freakin' row) and not where it is currently printed. Perhaps they have updated this pattern with the correction since I bought it over a year ago, but if they haven't and you plan to knit this shawl - please save yourself the agony of coming up with the wrong amount of stitches every time and fix this now. I'm not really angry about the typo itself (although it is more than a little annoying,) but instead I'm frustrated with myself for not catching it sooner. Live and learn. I'm looking forward to checking out other knitters' Olympic progress!


2 comments:
Hi Katie...its me Keli from spinning class last Fall... I updated my website - after 3 months!!!! ITs yarnsosweet.
I am knitting the same pattern for the KO, but it looks like I'm useing a heavier yarn. I bought the pattern right before the KO started and row 29 has been correctd.
I was getting REALLY frustrated with the pattern until I switched over to the charts . . . wow, so much quicker.
Post a Comment