Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knitting Goals for 2006

I almost put Knitting Goals for 2005 - I guess I'm in denial that 2006 is already here! There are plenty of things I'd like to accomplish, and lots of things I'm hoping will happen in both the world and in my own life... but for now we'll just stick to the main subject here - which is of course, knitting. Here are my goals for 2006 in no particular order:

*Condition myself to knit faster... perhaps learn Continental style? Yes, I'm a "thrower".
*Start (and finish) a lace project - I've got this one covered thanks to the Knitting Olympics!
*Try a Cat Bordi moebius project. These fascinate me.
*Learn how to set and dye wool. (Technically this is a spinning goal... but knitting related.)
*Make a felted basket... to hold more yarn, of course!
*Try needle-felting. I've had the kit for some time.
*Knit a pair of socks that I actually like.
*Design more of my own patterns
*Knit more for me. Quite a lot was given away last year, and it would be great to have something to show for all that work. There's something wonderful about wearing and using something you made yourself!

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Here are a few things on my accumulating list of projects which I hope be casting-on for in my near future...

Hurry Up Spring Armwarmers - from Stitch & Bitch Nation, knit with Noro Kureyon
Vintage Bubble Bag and LadyBug Purse - for the Mums, both felted, found in Pursenalities
Harry Potter Sweater for Nathan
Clapotis - using some beautiful recycled silk yarn I bought from www.thehungersite.com
Leaf Lace Shawl by Fiber Trends
Baby Bonnet from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (This really is last minute since the baby is at least 3 months old by now!)
Felted Clogs by Fiber Trends
Small Felted Purse with Needle Felting (I got this particular pattern at Village Yarn and Tea.)

That's certainly not all of it... That's just all I can forsee getting done somewhat soon. :) That is, if I can get the courage to finish the Vogue Cable Cardi! Any other goal setters out there? A project you just can't wait to cast-on for? Please share!

2 comments:

Keli said...

Hi Katie,
How about trying this for a sweater? go to www.fuzzynoodleknits.typepad.com, she cut her sweater...arrgg...wonderful work.
Keli

Reb said...

I have the first Cat Bordhi book, which you can borrow if you'd like. But I'd like to make another project from it, so we could wade through together if you want, some time.