Friday, January 13, 2006

Has This Ever Happened to You?

I went to a Partylite demo at a Starbucks within a Barnes and Noble a couple of nights ago... seemed like a perfect place to have some quiet time and finish my very own Sensual Scarf - one of the mini-projects I've been doing to break the monotonous ribbing on the back of my VCC. I was too interested in oohing and ahhing over the votive holders and sniffing the candles though to get much done so when I left, I gathered up the scarf in my arms (my purse was too small to stuff it in,) and stepped outside. Because it was raining (again) I decided to make a dash for my van so the project wouldn't get too wet. As I approached the door I felt a tugging on my legs and realized with mortified horror that I'd dropped the skein and it was unraveled halfway across the parking lot! I quickly retraced my steps groaning as I could see most of it was ruined because it had fallen into puddles of oil. Thankfully, it was only about one fourth of the skein... and although I lamented the scarf not being a bit longer at the time, I think it turned out to be a fine length and very pretty.

Earlier this week, I finished Phil's Haydon Hat which you can see by clicking on the link in the side bar. And finally, finally... Last night I finished the back to the Vogue Cable Cardigan. Yay!

3 comments:

Molly said...

In Victoria we followed a trail of yarn across a large parking lot, across the street and then across another parking lot until it ended next to a coffee shop. The rest of the skein was stuck in the bushes. Apparently someone was so annoyed they didn't feel like rescuing their yarn.

Unknown said...

Oh, now that is funny!

Laura A said...

TWO yays! Hayden and VCC! I'm going to go check out the hat link now. Good job!