We usually wait until the weekend after my birthday to get the Christmas tree, but we did it a little early this year. See how it's up on a table? That's so we can enjoy it without having to pull Jamie away from the ornaments. :) I just love this time of year - listening to the Christmas music while baking cookies or decorating the house... or knitting. I've still got quite a few gifts that I haven't even cast on for yet, but I'm still hopeful. We may have a few wet felted items under the tree this year...As for my Esther Williams hat I'm thinking the color choice was a wrong one. What do you think?
It's a little too Jolly-Green-Giant to be the pretty hat it should be. I think I'm going to rip it and start over in something else like blue, or purple, or well, anything other than green. The pattern is so fun and interesting that I won't mind doing it over.
Phil's mum came over last weekend to some crafty stuff with the kids and one of them was this cute gingerbread house. It's not real gingerbread though, so unfortunately we can't eat it. I did go to a cookie exchange a few days ago, although I think I'll be giving most of those away to my neighbors. (I have no idea what happened to those peanut-butter balls... really!)
Yesterday after I gave Nathan his lunch, I found him with the Playmobile nativity people and thought it was so cute I had to take a pic. They were "sharing."
In the afternoon I made some stitch markers for a few of my friends from Yarn Yoga (no this isn't some kind of wierd exercise program - it's just a knitting group.)
I thought they turned out quite nice...
I know this post is sort of random, but I've just got to share a pic of of my I-Pod and the awesome little sock Phil bought for it . 
Well, gotta go now and clean my house for the Pampered Chef party I'm having tonight!


1 comment:
I had a great time last night! Thanks! La
Post a Comment