Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Christmas Cards... Already?

Yes, I started them too early. It all began when I realized I wouldn't see my book club friends again until January - so I made them all Christmas cards on Halloween while I was answering the door for trick-or-treaters. A bit surreal... humming carols to myself while opening the door to ghouls begging for candy... Anyway, when the book club got together the following Wednesday they (we) decided to meet in December afterall, so I felt rather foolish handing them out. But, the ball was already rolling...
I have the cards started so I might as well get them finished, right? Actually, I went to a card-making party last weekend at my friend, Leah's house. We made twelve there and I have the paper all cut to make 25 more. Also, a little later in November I'm having some friends over for a scrapbooking/card-making get together, so I'll probably prepare some more so they can be made fast. It's good that I have some already made though since I have to send some to England and Australia and they almost always get there too late. Well, not this year!

Oh, I wanted to mention that it was my friend, Monika's birthday yesterday and we partied well into the night with her wild friends from her homeschool group... It was so fun - there were drinks and cake and we rocked out to funk music. And I even did a little knitting - Yay!

2 comments:

FYRKRKR said...

Very cool! You're an inspiration!

Laura A said...

Hey! Party at my house on Nov 19th. Can you come? We'll play Christmas music, and eat yummy things.