I recently realized that if I want to give knitted gifts this year I should have started last month or maybe six months ago.Therefore, I have completely abandoned the Boulder Belt. The pattern just wasn't working for me so I either need to find another or make up a new one. Besides, knitting with hemp just isn't quite as pleasant as knitting with alpaca. Enter the Indiecita alpaca yarn I got on eBay and the unisex scarf I found in the latest issue of Creative Knitting. I've decided to call it the manly scarf though since it will a gift for a man - I'm just not sure which one. The picture to the left is horrible in that it doesn't show the beautiful variation in color (curse that gray Seattle sky!) The yarn is black with gray flecks and gives the scarf a very nice tweedy look. Here's the close-up:
The yarn is thin, but I'm doubling it and the pattern is fairly easy so I've been taking it everywhere. Last week when my sister was visiting, I was able to spin some beautiful white wool and the result was lovely. If only I had some land so I could get myself a Romney sheep! (Actually, this would never happen because I'm not very good with animals...) Oh well, I'll just have to buy myself a white fleece. But first (sigh) I need my own wheel. :) Here's a pic of the plied yarn:
It's so pretty I don't even think I'll dye it!


4 comments:
nicely spun, it looks very pretty.
The scarf is beautiful! Love the yarn.
Are you finished your spinning class? I cant make Tues. nights meeting as I have to take my son to scouts....arrgg..couldnt make last month either....
Thanks for the complements!
Post a Comment